General bible study at the church for anyone interested in joining.
A Hope Group is an online forum of 3-4 people (maximum) who meet for 1.25 hours each week to encourage and support each other. These are not bible studies and there is no “bible teacher” with all the right answers. There’s a simple structure to help you practice gratitude, share from the heart, and encourage one another through the teachings of Jesus:
1. What are you thankful for?
2. What has been a challenge this week?
3. Read and re-tell a passage of scripture to inspire deep thinking and heart-felt conversation
4. What is one way that I could respond this week to what we have discussed?
5. What is one practical action that I will do to bring hope to a friend or neighbour this week?
You do not have to be religious to be involved in a Hope Group. They are designed for people who don’t know much about Jesus. It’s our way of serving those who feel isolated or in need of spiritual community at this time. Contact us if you would like to join a hope group.
Taken from https://www.togethernetwork.com.au/hope-groups/
Thornbury Church of Christ acknowledges the traditional owners of the land; the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nations and pays respect to their Elders both past and present.
© Copyright 2006-2021. Thornbury Church of Christ.
Permission required to re-use content or images in print or electronic form.